Become A Good Works Venture
Accelerate and Scale your Impact
Venture Development Program
Our Venture Development Program is a structured program open to the community and Good Works Houston alumni ventures. Last year, we selected 16 ventures from dozens of applicants to participate in a successful 5-day lab where they vetted their idea, validated their value proposition, adjusted their strategy and perfected their entrepreneurial assumptions.
For 2017, we are expanding our program to three Labs – each designed specifically for impact ventures at every stage of their development:
- Formation Lab: for founders that are creating or have recently created an impact venture.
- Problem/Solution Lab: for ventures that are tuning their solutions.
- Scaling Up Lab: for ventures tuning their growth model.
In each Lab you will have the opportunity to interact with peers, mentors and members of the impact community in Houston. Although the three labs contain a few similar topics, each has been enriched with contents designed specifically for impact ventures and focused to be uniquely relevant to your stage. Here are some of the things you’ll learn in each Lab:
- Am I ready to be a social entrepreneur?
- What is the best way of structuring an impact venture?
- What are common dilemmas that founding teams face?
- Have I found a problem worth solving?
- How can I validate and optimize my solution to this problem?
- How do I create a solid business model, operations and funding strategy?
- Do I have the best solution for the problem I’m addressing?
- How do I quickly optimize my value proposition and fine-tune my strategy?
- What are the critical issues in my team that I should be aware of?
- How do I create revenue streams and build a sustainable model?
- How do I create a go-to-market model that works?
- What resources are available to help me develop my venture faster?
Scaling Up Lab
- Do I have a viable go-to-market model?
- How can I scale my venture in a sustainable way?
- What do I need to do to accelerate growth and have broader impact?
- What are the key metrics I need to focus on?
- What is my optimal demand and revenue generation model?
- How do I measure and balance both impact and financial performance
- How can I get funding to scale? What do I need to be ready?