We Engage, Grow and Impact to Benefit Houston
To help Houstonians in need by fostering innovative solutions tackling upward mobility challenges
Houston is home to nearly 6.3 million and expected to double to 13 million by 2040. Our Houston community is facing a growing social challenge:
- 74% of children are considered economically disadvantaged
- 50% of students who begin community college do not graduate
- 25% of Houston adults do not hold a high school degree
- 24% of Houstonians live in poverty; 38% are children under age five
Kimberly Johnston, Founder and CEO of Good Works Houston speaks on Comcast NewsMakers Jan 2017.
Our team brings deep experience in tackling issues and delivering results in the public and private sectors. We are devoted, enthusiastic, and industrious Houstonians, united in our passion to support our city.
At Good Works Houston, we focus on solutions tackling upward mobility challenges facing Houston. We achieve our mission by executing a three-tiered strategy:
- ENGAGE Houstonians, organizations and public-private resources empowering solutions
- GROW high impact social enterprises by offering premier programs and access to valuable resources
- IMPACT Houston positively by delivering measurable outcomes solving upward mobility challenges
Good Works Houston and our engaged community partners are working together to inspire and accelerate innovative solutions empowering Houstonians in need to attain a life of quality